HOME | About | Bigfoot Blog | NJ Bigfoot Sightings | Forum | Articles | Links | Privacy Policy
Return to Index

Bigfoot Sighting Report #35

Town: Unknown
County: Atlantic
Type of Encounter: Close Range
Sighted on Mar 31, 1975  11:15PM
Nearest Road: Unknown
Weather Conditions: clear

Sighting Details:
March 31, 1975. The place: Lower Forge wilderness camp on the Batsto river.

It was a balmy day, but the night grew very still, and cold. We had spent part of the day canoeing down the Batsto, the remainder of daylight was used preparing our camp, gathering firewood, and getting a nice fire going for dinner and warmth. Late that night, around 11pm, we were turning in for a much needed good nights sleep. The front of our tent faced the campfire, far enough away for safety, but close enough to gaze at the small, flickering flames and glowing embers as the fire died down.

We layed there for awhile on our sleeping bags, recounting the days events, thankful for such a place as this. There was not a living soul near us, or sound of one, and the night was extremely still. It was a wonderful feeling being so alone in such a beautiful place. I pulled down the tent fly, and we got in our bags, our feet at the front of the tent, gazing up at the tent frame. The small flickering flames of the campfire played across the front of the tent giving us enough light to see.

Suddenly, a large object blocked the light, it became very dark, and Tom and I were speechless---at least I was until I said "Tom, did you see that?" Tom whispered " Yeah, what the [curse] was that?" He then yelled out "Whoever you are, were coming out, and we have weapons".

Fumbling with the tent fly, we emerged to find the campfire flickering as before, but no evidence of anyone present. We looked around with a flashlight, could not find tracks, or evidence of a visitation to our campsite. The hair on my arms and the back of my neck are standing up as I tell this story.

We both believe we had some kind of visitation, what it was, we do not know. We've discussed it with fellow campers, who have suggested the fire died and then reflashed, but we discard this reasoning because there was a VISIBLE SHADOW, which meant the light was still there, just partially blocked. We are both in our 50's, and whenever we get together, we talk about this event, and relive it just as if it was yesterday.

Return to Sighting Index

All content © 2018 NJBigfoot.org, except where otherwise indicated or implied. - Contact Us

Privacy Policy