Register

News:

NJBFRC Reports now available in RSS. Get the latest reports delivered to you reader as soon as they are posted! See the post on this forum for more info.

Introductions

12588 17 hot post sticky
Administrator

NJBigfoot

August 28, 2006, 08:03:03 PM
Jr. Member Posts: 97
The NJBFRC forum has been created to allow us a place to discuss various sighting reports that are posted at the NJBFRC, and to talk about Bigfoot in general, especially as the phenomenon pertains to New Jersey.

While some of us (including yours truly) have limited time to actually participate in ongoing field investigations, especially in more distant locations, I would like to welcome those who are interested and willing to share their findings with the rest of the researchers here. And in advance, thank you for sharing your expertise, talents and time to help find the truth behind the possible existence of these mysterious creatures.

Best
DV

Re: Introductions

JSisolak Reply 1 August 29, 2006, 01:14:48 PM

I have a very friendly work schedule to be able to get out and about however the family schedule makes it somewhat less flexible. If anyone is willing to chase down some of these reports and do some interviewing I'd be willing to go and do the driving. Fair warning ...I dip Skoal religiously when behind the wheel so if this is going to gross you out bring an airline bag.

NJBigfoot Reply 2 August 29, 2006, 04:50:51 PM

That's a gracious offering. Hopefully you manage to round up some others who are just as eager for the hunt.

I, on the other hand, will not be partaking in any investigations, that I can see in the near future. If sufficient evidence comes to light and I am compelled to look into it I may do so. So far I haven't had the need to go looking. Unfortunately I do not have a very flexible schedule, and I'm not as eager to go look for these things as others may be. I'm not convinced of their existence.

From time to time I will venture out and do some "field work" near my area and I will be sure to report anything interesting to the group here.

Also, I do not have grand visions for the NJBFRC. This is a site intended only to gather reports for my research, and I do not guarantee that any reports will be investigated. I try to follow up with witnesses as much as I can. I do this via email first, sending along more questions to get specific details. If it is warranted I will contact the witness by phone.

That said, I am not officially enlisting any volunteer investigators, but if anyone is interested in field work and sharing their findings with the NJBFRC I would gladly accept that information, and make it available on the site and as a follow up to sighting reports if need be.

Anyone interested in following up on sighting reports listed at the NJBFRC can contact me and let me know. I'm hoping to get some basic guidelines posted here soon, and I would expect anyone investigating to conduct themselves in a professional manner. NJBFRC is not responsible for any of your expenses.

Any investigations will be done only if the witness agrees to have a third party affiliated with the NJBFRC conduct an investigation. I will not be passing out any witness information without their consent.

Thanks for listening. I appreciate the guys out there who are so enthusiastic and hope you can provide the NJBFRC with some new information based on your investigations.

DV

benny Reply 3 August 30, 2006, 12:06:44 AM

Hello everyone again I work the overnight shift so actually following up on reports is a little hard. But if the need arises that a physical location comes up to be looked at I am in. I have a lot years in the woods hunting and the military so thats not a problem. Has anyone been to the area of the newest ocean county report I keep trying get out there just havent yet unfortunatly.

JSisolak Reply 4 September 03, 2006, 05:54:33 AM

Benny

I'm an overnight worker myself with lots of outdoor experience as well if you sniff something out down there drop me a line and  I'll pop down so you aren't jaunting through the woods alone.

JS

benny Reply 5 September 05, 2006, 12:02:20 AM

Will do!  Now that the kids are going back to school I might have some time on my hands on my days off! I went down to the wild life area mentioned in the ocean county report I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but I don't have exact directions to where this report was at. So I just went out to look around.
benny

mikey9 Reply 6 March 12, 2007, 11:57:29 AM

Hey All,
  I'm from ocean county, grew up here.
   Looking forward to getting out into the field this year.

NJBigfoot Reply 7 March 17, 2007, 04:02:23 PM

Hey, welcome to the forum Mikey9. If you find anything in your travels please let us know!

Drew

Sal Reply 8 April 02, 2007, 11:25:58 AM

Hello All,
Thought now would be a good time to jump in here, work has eased up a bit so now I've got more free time to get out in the woods.  Just in time for the nicer weather.  I've got a few spots I'm going to try and get to over the next few months up north of me.  I'll let you all know if there is anything interesting.  If anyone here has suggestions for any locations, let me know.  One of the first spots I'm going to try is up here: 

http://www.nj.gov/dep/parksandforests/parks/norvin.html

Probably won't find a thing, but a day and evening of hiking isn't a waste of time anyway.  I am going to try some of that woodknocking I keep reading about too.

benny Reply 9 April 05, 2007, 02:37:37 AM

Hello everyone
Hey quick question here if we were to go and investigate a sighting do we want a standard form or questionare to go by? Or do we just wing it and report anything back to this board? Just some questions since the warmer months are comeing and we all might get out a bit more.
thanks
benny

NJBigfoot Reply 10 April 11, 2007, 01:15:41 PM

JSisolak had a questionnaire that he presented last year, but I never got around to implementing it at the NJBFRC, too many database issues and I already had a standard report form in use. I don't think I have that original email, but I will check.

Maybe he can post his questionnaire here and whoever is doing field work, or interviewing possible witnesses can use this form to keep things consistent.

You aren't obliged to share your info with the NJBFRC, but I do appreciate anyone who submits any info and will use it on the NJBFRC site where I can, or where it applies. For example, if one of you looks into one of the sighting reports on the database, or does some footwork or research to gain more information I will update the report listing accordingly. Likewise, any stories or anecdotes that may make the site interesting are more than welcome.

Thanks
Drew

benny Reply 11 April 12, 2007, 12:20:43 AM

what ever you have would be great? thanks

bigfootmorf Reply 12 August 26, 2008, 11:20:04 AM

Mike here,i have long been into Bigfoot,and i am interested in meeting up with other like minded people here to do some research,and investigations in the NJ area. I am in South Jeresy,in Browns Mills which is on the border of Burlington and Ocean counties. Hoping to hit the woods in the next 1-2 months,so anyone who wants to possibly team-up,please email me

Rrocco Reply 13 September 26, 2008, 08:19:53 PM

Hello Everyone,

I've been a BF enthusiast for many years and just started doing some field work in the Batso area with my brother in-law. I joined this forum with the hopes of sharing information, ideas, and advice with all of you. I'm looking forward to interacting with the members of this forum and I'm dedicated to the task at hand.

Rrocco

NJBigfoot Reply 14 September 29, 2008, 04:42:30 PM

Hey Rrocco! Welcome to the NJBFRC forum. There are some other guys like yourself who lurk around here and do some field work too. By all means share any of your findings or thoughts with us here at the forum!

DV