Register

News:

Forum has been successfully updated.

Report #99

11459 13 normal post

megapod

March 26, 2008, 04:56:59 PM
Jr. Member Posts: 53
I know this area. Sounds unlikely that there would be a large primate living there, unless it was a human in a costumme ??? ??? When will the follow up be posted.

Re: Report #99

benny Reply 1 March 29, 2008, 10:46:55 PM

Megapod have you gone out that way lately? I live really close to this area and will be going for a ride tomorrow out around that resevoir to have a look. I will let everyone know what I find if anything.

NJBigfoot Reply 2 March 30, 2008, 11:31:15 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I will be posting a follow up for 99 later today. I did a quick back and forth with the witness so I have some info to elaborate on, but I afree with you Megapod about the unlikeliness.

Just added a new report (100), with a followup, and revised the home page to reflect the most recent 3 sighting reports. This way just heading to http://strange.myeyez.net/bigfootnj will reflect any new developments.

Unfortunately some people have been using the posting form to contact me with unrelated questions, so the 100th post is not a true 100th post. I think I'll program the View All page to tally the reports so we can get an idea of how many "real" reports we have.

Thanks for your interest guys!

benny Reply 3 March 30, 2008, 11:42:11 AM

I agree with the both of you I was just up in that area and with the amount of car traffic and the way that areas land is used between the golf course and all the visitors to the reservoir having one just run across the roadway. Even with the state park being in the area dosen't seem likely not enough game in the area to support any population. But I could be wrong jmo.

NJBigfoot Reply 4 March 30, 2008, 12:25:55 PM

Maybe a wild, rogue BF got bit by a rabid racoon and went nuts, just didn't care anymore and went running willy-nilly around the place.

Hey, it could happen.   8)

NJBigfoot Reply 5 March 30, 2008, 12:27:41 PM

Did I just say willy-nilly?

benny Reply 6 March 30, 2008, 02:32:48 PM

yup! you said willy nilly! LOL :-[

NJBigfoot Reply 7 March 31, 2008, 10:35:06 AM

I posted the initial followup. I do have some additional questions to try and understand why the head was obscured. I have an idea but I don't want to state anything until I get some info back from the witness.

I'll keep you posted.

Drew

megapod Reply 8 April 01, 2008, 02:00:53 PM

I am trying to think of what may have been observed and the only thing that comes to mind is hoaxsters ;)
I fish that area and ride the trails in the 800 acre park to the east but I just don't think I could buy a large primate living here unobserved for any length of time. If they exist at all. I will be interested to see if this witness has anything more to add. There would have been plenty of daylight at 5PM 3/5/08 so even a fast moving animal would have been easy to see.

NJBigfoot Reply 9 April 01, 2008, 05:04:39 PM

What about migration or something. Any decent areas of woods backing up to that spot that provide access to other corridors which may facilitate travel for a creature like this?

The witness told me that the creature's head was obscured by a tree trunk. Not quite sure how that could happen. This things was so tall that is't head was behind a horizontal tree branch? Doesn't make sense. I'll post the most recent reponse from the witness this evening so go by and take a look. Let me know what you think.

megapod Reply 10 April 02, 2008, 08:33:24 AM

I will try to get out there in the next few days but without knowing the exact spot, position of the vehicles etc. I don't think it will do much to clarify anything. You would think that as the alleged creature entered or exited the lane opposite the lane the driver was in there would have been a clear view in broad day light. As for the migration theory, I would suspect that this creature would have moved in the dark. That area is wooded in areas but it is peppered with development and frequented by humans, there is really no continuity where it would be able to travel unobserved for any distance. I would think that area is the northern most border of the pine barrens, but there would be alot of civilization to navigate before it reached any large expanse of woodlands. I remain very skeptical.

NJBigfoot Reply 11 April 02, 2008, 01:52:13 PM

Thanks for the input. I agree. Not sure what the witness saw, if anything. The story doesn't hold up well.

benny Reply 12 May 03, 2008, 06:11:39 PM

Went out there today. Look all the way around the reservoir and nothing out of normal and there was alot of people using this area. I also drove up and down Manasess Rd. and in no way could anything that big walk infront of a car and the car behind it not see it clearly there was only one spot on that road with a tree with a branch that goes out from the trunk horizontally and that tree is directly across from a house. I pics of this area but I can't seem to post them on here if any of you would like them just let me know I will email them to you. In my opion even with Allaire State park is close by there is no way any creature could walk across this road and not make the news in some fashion! Plus I don't believe the deer herd in this area isn't big enough to support a breeding pair of even just one adult sasquatch.  HOAX! Iam pretty sure. that's my opinion anyway.

NJBigfoot Reply 13 May 25, 2008, 11:53:35 PM

Thanks for the info Benny.

Man, I have to stop by the forum more often. Sorry for the late response.

Best
Drew