Register

News:

NJBFRC Reports now available in RSS. Get the latest reports delivered to you reader as soon as they are posted! See the post on this forum for more info.

morris county report

12472 15 hot post

JSisolak

September 03, 2006, 03:13:14 PM
Newbie Posts: 16
This was just this past week. I find it curious that they don't know the roads since they've fished there "hundreds of times" but am going to head up there either WED or THURS and have a look around

Re: morris county report

NJBigfoot Reply 1 September 05, 2006, 11:34:13 AM

You're talking about the Lake Denmark sighting? I'm going to try and get down there within the next week or so.

Maybe these guys fish there all the time, but never remembered street names. They might not be locals. You don't necessarily need to know street names to find your way around. If you've been shown a certain spot and just returned there from memory. Possible they don't know the road names. I'm surprised they didn't check if they were planning on reporting this.

Hindsight is twenty twenty.

DV

B.Gaugler Reply 2 September 05, 2006, 10:18:06 PM

hey guys, did you set up a tentative date to go out to the area and have a look around?

Brian

NJBigfoot Reply 3 September 06, 2006, 11:01:28 AM

I don't know yet. If I go down there it will be at night. Just a short drive for me, so I probably won't plan to go, I'll just go.

Depends on my schedule.

Mike Aragona Reply 4 September 07, 2006, 04:52:11 PM

This area has a history of class B and class A reports, but not all of them have been reported to the BFRO. I myself have come across some convincing stick structures (Drew I know you do not put much credit in these) and have recorded what I believe to be Sasquatch wood knocks. The Hibernia area has abandon mine shafts in which such an animal can take refuge. Lake Denmark sits right in the middle of the Picatinny Arsenal. The area is very wooded and parts of it are restricted. Again such an animal can take refuge here also.

I have attached the link to a class B report close to Burnt Meadow Brook, which channels off of Lake Denmark. I live within minutes of the area and would like to make a trip over there once time allows.

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=6186

Thanks!

Mike Aragona
BFRO Investigator New Jersey

Mike Aragona Reply 5 September 07, 2006, 04:55:25 PM

JSisolak,

Sorry I have not contacted you. I did receive your email but have been very busy as of late and have not had time. I hope to call you in the near future. Please except my apologies.

Sincerely,

Mike Aragona

JSisolak Reply 6 September 08, 2006, 08:24:19 AM

Mike

I'm working graveyards over this weekend ( I'm an overnight pharmacist in Hoboken) so if you are up and about I'll be sitting around bored out of my mind from 10pm-7am Friday 9/8 through Tuesday 9/12. The number I gave is my cell so feel free to call.

I work a 2 on 2 off 5 on 5 off schedule which would allow me to get to report areas relatively promptly I just don't know what to really look for or ask of witnesses hence I would like to tag along with you if you go to any report sites in the area. I'm a city boy but learned outdoor skills from my American Indian friends while in college in AZ up in the "rim country" and valley canyons, so I'm not a klutz in the woods by any means.

When is the Adirondack expedition report going up on the BFRO site? I wanted to go to on that one but couldn't find anyone to go with.

Joe

Mike Aragona Reply 7 September 08, 2006, 12:09:58 PM

Joe,

When I head out I will give you a call in advance.

I am not sure when the Adirondack expedition report will be posted. I do not handle that part of the BFRO.

Mike Aragona

NJBigfoot Reply 8 September 08, 2006, 06:13:45 PM

Mike, stick arrangements are one thing. While they might not be proof of Bigfoot they are proof that something intelligent was in the area, and are certainly more interesting than bent, broken or fallen trees. Those are the things I don't take stock in.

I was going to try and make it down to the area of Lake Denmark tonight, but some other things came up. Keep me posted if and when you might make a trip up there.

As for the sighting you linked from the BFRO, that's completely inconclusive. He saw a shape, in the distance, and didn't notice it on a return trip. That doesn't mean it was Bigfoot, too many other possibilities in that case. Of course, it doesn't mean it wasn't either, I'll admit that. :)

Drew

JSisolak Reply 9 September 09, 2006, 03:10:36 PM

Has anyone ever seen any reports of sightings out of Duke Island Park out in Bridgewater?

JSisolak Reply 10 September 13, 2006, 04:51:14 PM

I'm playing ball up in Mendham this Sunday morning at 9, so am planning on heading out at 0-dark early to have a drive up to the Lake Denmark area which isnt too far from Mendham. I was looking for a Lake Denmark link on-line and found that it is actually within the Picatinny Arsenal and that they used to or maybe still do test rocket/missle motors out on the lake itself...leading me to the question.....they let the public fish here? I also found that there is an application to have a picnic up there and that it was newsworthy that the local town was allowed to use a ball field withing the arsenal boundaries ...yet these guys fished there hundreds of times?  does this NOT add up for anyone else? Maybe there is a season permit that can be obtained allowing these guys access or something, but it seems like it would be a real hassle to get on the property from the info I've been reading on-line.

I do know the area as I head up that way to meet friends from Az at the annual powwow at the Sussex county fairgrounds and the occasional trip up to Wild West City.

Joe

NJBigfoot Reply 11 September 14, 2006, 12:31:45 PM

According to the witness, and my personal recollection, Lake Denmark is not within the fenced confines of Picatinny Arsenal.

And according to a document I found online regarding early development of American rocket science... "Testing of rocket engines at Picatinny Arsenal ended in the early 1970s. Much of RMI's test facilities at Lake Denmark have been demolished."

The Witness did not indicate that any special permission was required, or IDs necessary to fish on Lake Denmark. The property may be owned by Picatinny Arsenal but this does not mean it would be completely off limits. Picnicing at their picnic area may require permission, but fishing on the lake may not. For years I had access to Picatinny (my father was military and my mother worked at the arsenal for many, many years) and I recall driving around lake Denmark. The boundary fencing for the arsenal recedes from the roadway, continuing northward, but the woods takes over as you appraoch Lake Denmark which is north and west of a majority of the arsenal itself.

Entering the arsenal was another story, and completely guarded requiring ID.

Lake Denmark is not located "on" Picatinny Arsenal, but happens to be on the land owned by the facility.

I don't smell anything fishy, no pun intended. ;)

Drew
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:36:16 PM by DV »

NJBigfoot Reply 12 September 15, 2006, 06:14:54 AM

Update on Lake Denmark.

According to the witness:

"Technically you need an ID to be fishing the lake, but I never see any security in the area since it is outside the fenced in facility. If someone were fishing they might stop you if you were at the dock at the same time they passed by. I don't think they would bother anyone out for a walk."

Also, the witness has ID so he is permitted to fish Lake Denmark.

Drew

B.Gaugler Reply 13 September 17, 2006, 01:54:25 AM

Is it possible that maybe some of the sercurity around the area might have some interesting things to tell?  I'm sure they would probably clam up if they did, but its a possibility. 

NJBigfoot Reply 14 September 17, 2006, 07:18:19 AM

You have to remember that the witness didn't describe a bigfoot. He just saw someone walking in the water and thought it was strange. He was too far away to see any details, just saw a shape walking out of the water. He admits it seemed tall, and was walking in an area where a person wouldn't likely choose to go, but also said it could have been someone fishing there in the water.

This is not a concrete Bigfoot sighting, no matter how much we'd like it to be, or how strange it may seem.

If it was a Bigfoot, then hopefully more sightings from that area will start coming in.

Drew