Register

News:

NJBFRC Reports now available in RSS. Get the latest reports delivered to you reader as soon as they are posted! See the post on this forum for more info.

Field Expedition?

11422 13 normal post

B.Gaugler

September 26, 2006, 10:56:38 PM
Newbie Posts: 7
hey guys, recently I have been pondering our efforts here, and I think that it might be a good idea for a few of us to band together and hike through an area that is a hotspot for activity, to see if we should happen to come across anything.  Sussex County in upper NJ is a hotspot for "Old Red Eye" as far as I know, and I'm sure other researchers might have some suggestions.  What do you think?

Brian

Re: Field Expedition?

benny Reply 1 September 27, 2006, 12:07:53 AM

Hey Brain
I would love to get out and scout around we just have to come up with a time frame that works for everyone who wants to go. I never have been up in the Sussex county area of New Jersey before.

B.Gaugler Reply 2 September 30, 2006, 01:31:45 PM

At the moment, Saturdays are best for me, but I can make Tuesdays or Thursdays if need be, although they are not ideal for me because I have school the following days.  I want to see how many people we can get to come along, the more people looking for evidence the better, I think.  This might be getting ahead of myself, but do you think we should contact NESRA and see if they want to work with us?  Let me know!  ;D 

NJBigfoot Reply 3 October 01, 2006, 10:08:36 AM

NESRA's website is currently out of order, maybe they haven't paid their hosting bill.

I know of an area where there were some recent sightings, one posted to the database. It's near Holland Mountain road, Stockholm/Jefferson area. This area is pretty dense wilderness, some homes and scattered developments, but mostly woods and park trails. Hilly too. There is a wilderness reservation (Mahlon Dickerson Reservation) a couple miles west of where the sightings occurred.

A friend of mine and I were talking about doing a hike in this area, I'll get in touch with him and see if he'd like to put something together for an upcoming weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Drew

JSisolak Reply 4 October 02, 2006, 06:28:11 AM

I'm up for that lets get the ball rolling by picking a location then choosing a time to go. My thinking is that it would be a little later in the year being that I don't want any of us to become a black bear's hibernating season layer of fat. I'm liking sussex or Morris counties but really like the Bass River state park area of the pine barrens, although I live closer to Sussex/Morris.

B.Gaugler Reply 5 October 03, 2006, 10:15:43 PM

Sounds great, I like the sound of the area that Drew recommended, and Sussex County and the Pine Barrens are both good too, though I'm not sure if there have been any recent reports in those two areas.  I'm good for any weekend except for this upcoming weekend, I would just of course need a weeks advance notice, since I'm coming from Long Island.

Brian

NJBigfoot Reply 6 October 09, 2006, 11:22:49 AM

I spoke with my friend and outdoorsman. He's interesed in a hike in the Holland Mountain Road area. He'll be getting back to me today or tomorrow with a time and day that's best for him. I'd like to get together and meet all you guys. Maybe meet a Bigfoot too.

You've all probably received my email about the closing of the NJBFRC. That's a certainty, but I'd still like to connect and we can maybe discuss this matter in person during the hike, to see if anyone is interested and would like to step in and take the reins.

Best
Drew

JSisolak Reply 7 October 19, 2006, 07:23:02 AM

Anything going on as far as a jaunt into the woods I've been away for a few weeks on vacation and just got all of the emails re closing/selling the site. We should all get together and meet for a hike before it get too cold.

benny Reply 8 December 08, 2006, 12:59:12 AM

hey anything happening around here lately haven't been here for a while. Any planing going on I just read the report 73 in west milford. Has anyone gone up there to check out the area?  :)

NJBigfoot Reply 9 December 10, 2006, 03:46:58 PM

I'll get in touch with the witnesses next week, but I don't expect much to come of it. It's interesting though, being that there have been other experiences up in that area. And I use the term experiences intentionally. There were no solid encounters or sightings ever reported from this area. The paint ball crew that uses the area have reported strange noises and weird feelings, maybe some shadows, but no physical sightings of anything. So far it just looks like active imaginations and some misidentified natural sounds.

We can't rule our coyotes, which are pretty common around here.

I live about 2 or 3 miles south of the area. Very close. Years back there was an experience with a thumping, roaring sound, which spooked a deer or two in nearby Star Lake Camp. I'll keep some tabs on this area since I'm right here. Being hunting season I won't be venturing to far into the woods. But I do want to contact the witnesses and see if they can give me more details of the sound heard.

benny Reply 10 November 20, 2007, 02:05:19 AM

Hey guys,
Anyone still interested in meeting up? Let's get out there I know we are all really busy but lets at the very least keep the idea going. The Pinebarrens might just hold a clue. Does anyone have a trail cam we could set up out there for a while? Anyone interested can email me or just post here. ;D

nj_archer Reply 11 November 21, 2007, 11:09:03 AM

Glad to see there is some intrest on a field exp. There are several really promising areas especially in Sussex County, a word to the wise if you guys are planning on going out anytime soon you should go on a Sunday as it will soon be firearm hunting season until the end of 2008.There is no hunting in NJ on Sundays and i don' t think the Sasquatch have calendars. Happy Thanksgiving All!!!

NJBigfoot Reply 12 November 25, 2007, 09:45:51 PM

Maybe it is about time a few of us got together. I'm not a regular hiker so I don't know how fun I'd be "on the trail" but to get together in an area where there are consistent sightings, even just to BS and talk about this stuff for a bit, that would be cool.

Obviously weekends are better for me. Anyone have any ideas on area, day and time?

Drew

benny Reply 13 March 30, 2008, 02:39:19 PM

When ever anyone wants to get together just PM me and I will get back to you asap