Register

News:

NJBFRC Reports now available in RSS. Get the latest reports delivered to you reader as soon as they are posted! See the post on this forum for more info.

North Jersey Search Team?

17277 39 veryhot post

Th3Archit3ch

September 03, 2009, 09:24:05 PM
Jr. Member Posts: 53
Anyone interested in forming a search team in Northern New Jersey?
There is a large swath of woods that would be impossible to cover with even only 2 people.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=hopatcong+nj&sll=40.970307,-74.711838&sspn=0.116133,0.219383&ie=UTF8&ll=40.965641,-74.696045&spn=0.116141,0.219383&t=h&z=12&iwloc=A
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:54:56 PM by Th3Archit3ch »

Re: North Jersey Search Team?

scout Reply 1 October 22, 2009, 11:59:33 AM

Hi There,
I live in Lambertville NJ and have been an armchair sasquatch enthusiast for a number of years. I'm definitely interested in doing some field work. I am a pretty experienced camper and have been to High Point where I understand there have been some sightings. I know a few people who have had encounters over the years although none in NJ. If you are planning a meeting of some sort please let me know.
Scout
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:16:07 PM by scout »

Th3Archit3ch Reply 2 October 25, 2009, 05:15:24 PM

Hey there,
Thank you for your reply I was beginning to think I was the only one out here, although I know this particular website isn't that well known.

I was actually up on Sparta mountain today, I wanted to take a hike through there, but I kept seeing
4 wheel drive vehicles parked on the sides of the road, and this being the Sparta Wildlife Management Area, is open for hunting, so I was just reading some of the posted signs up there, one saying no firearm discharge allowed within 450ft of a residence. I was thinking to myself, well I guess hiking is really not a good idea at this time.

I live in Sparta Nj so it's not really a wasted trip for me it's just down the road and up the mountain.
didn't see much in the way of any evidence from the road I got out a couple times, once by the swamp and saw the game warden drive by, must have bewildered him he kinda stopped and tried to figure out what I was doin. I have a jeep but I was far from dressed for hunting, I don't hunt anyway.

So I was trying to look up more info on these wildlife manangement areas, about hunting season and hiking trails, needless to say I did not find much.

From the looks of the terrain and the people activity up there, I'd say it would be pretty rare to see a sighting up there.

Th3Archit3ch Reply 3 October 25, 2009, 05:29:21 PM

So I've been having bad luck tryin to organize an outing with me and my friend from work, rare that he'd have off and when we both do, it's always raining, we did go out to an area in Hopatcong Nj were he's from, at first we couldn't find it then when we did it was dark, but we went into the woods about a 1/4 mile anyway with flashlights, that are looked pretty promising. I really wanna get back there during the day, but don't really want to go in that deep at least not by myself. Well not without a handheld gps anyway, I figure the one I'd be getting within the next couple weeks will be a garmin rino 130 has a polling feature were anytime you press the button it sends a signal to other garmin rinos in the area (2mi radius) and gives the other its location. I think thats soo cool.

You can contact me through my youtube page youtube.com/ibfrdb ((independent bigfoot researchers database)) through there you can browse my friends list and find all the serious bigfoot/sasquatch researchers on youtube, some of them have pretty impressive vids.

As for an up & coming expedition I would love to get out there as soon as possible, but I think it might not be for a couple weeks, but if you find any solid leads in any other areas, I might change my schedule.

-Mike.

Th3Archit3ch Reply 4 November 16, 2009, 11:45:52 PM

Ready to go
Going out on wednesday
Haven't decided exactly where yet though,
Hopatcong or Sparta.
Let me know if anyone wants to join.
mhatsko@yahoo.com

Th3Archit3ch Reply 5 November 16, 2009, 11:47:26 PM

+(wednesday Nov. 18th 2009)
-time to follow

NJBigfoot Reply 6 November 24, 2009, 09:49:29 AM

Well, did you head out? I didn't see a follow up on your post. Just curious. Did anyone else get in touch with you about your trek?

Th3Archit3ch Reply 7 November 26, 2009, 02:08:42 PM

Hello Dv.

Well no, no one got in touch. If you know of any fellow north jersey researchers, that Would like to trek out there let me know. I feel like the lone bigfoot researcher of northern Nj. Even friends aren't that interested in, what they call 'wasting time in the woods' they have better things to do. For me I haven't done any big treks yet, there is a bear overpopulation in this state, going out into the woods by myself doesn't seem like a bright idea. And knowing there might be something even bigger than a bear, just makes me more apprehensive.

All that aside, I did go up there that day but it was late and didn't want to go into the woods alone in the dark, at a place I've never been in the daylight. But did some tests with my flashlight range and I had just gotten a Garmin Rino gps handheld and was testing that out, at the trail head.

As for any anomallies didn't find much, no weird smells, no odd sounds. Driving down the road I notice the rare neighbor that does live out in these boonies, have to put there trash bags out on the other side of the street. And to my bewilderment none of them were ripped open. Apparently bears have plenty of natural food source in the area.

Trip planned for next wednesday (Dec. 2nd 2009)at current undisclosed location, and time.
This time I will have people with me on that trek, one that used to hike the trail when he was 10, and knows the area.

My youtube channel is:
/ibfrdb

benny Reply 8 December 01, 2009, 10:56:55 PM

good luck on the outing sorry can't make would love to go but have to work.  :-\ maybe next time Please let us know if you find anything of any intrest.

Th3Archit3ch Reply 9 December 02, 2009, 11:04:26 AM

Yes found something of interest on this past sunday...
going back today (Dec. 2nd 2009) further in to see if I can
find anything else like it.

Th3Archit3ch Reply 10 December 02, 2009, 11:09:43 AM

I am on vacation all next week and have an open schedule, will just be working around the house, so I can drop and go from this coming sunday(dec 6th 2009) to saturday(dec 12th 2009) and then back to work on sunday. So let me know if anyone wants to go up with me.
my contact info is youtube.com/ibfrdb

benny Reply 11 December 02, 2009, 04:59:33 PM

So don't keep us in suspense what did you find? I have been in the woods a lot lately due to it being hunting season and I always keep my eyes open but nothing yet this year in pines!

Th3Archit3ch Reply 12 December 02, 2009, 06:31:34 PM

So...
That was a long trek today I think we went about 2.5 miles in.
following the audobon trails, some parts you couldn't tell they were even trails just the diamonds on the
trees that said they were.. Rocky, very rocky. All the way out by the marsh, the big opening that you can see on google maps.
So the thing that I found was just a group of trees all snapped at about 7 feet up..
But going all the way back there didn't find much of anything. Just normal woods scene.
As for wildlife there were dog and boot tracks on the trails and saw some deer tracks seemed semi recent
I would say from this past week. Other than that saw a chipmonk and a goshawk.
Nice area at the one spot by the marsh big rock that overlooks it, and saw bunch of old camp(fire) sites.
Man I really thought I would have found alot more. Going as far in as we did.

Th3Archit3ch Reply 13 December 08, 2009, 01:46:57 AM

so found out I was on the wrong side of the marsh, once I find the spot I really want to put up a trail cam there.
This past sunday I went up there, figuring that I might, might be able to find some kind of tracks in the fresh snow.
I got up there late about 4pm, but didn't think much of it, cause when I'm up there there's hardly anybody else around...
Except for this past sunday, when unbenounced to me there was a big, tracking through the snow geocaching event.
So I joined them, only had time to find the one, which was in the Edison 'dark hole', kinda odd that when we looked in there last 2 times we were up there we didn't see anything in there.
But alas the cache was about 20 ft in, wouldn't have noticed it unless you were really looking for it.
bizarre how things work out, I'm hunting bigfoots and I wind up hunting for buried/hidden treasures.. lol
I still think judging be the terrian and the area and everything thats there, there might just be 'something' there, or there may have been at one time.
Just too much to overlook, if there is a recipie for a bigfoot habitat this area has it all.
Theres standing water in the open pit mines, but we found a mine that had crystal clear, 'ground/(well)' water, suitable for drinking. Hmm I just thought of something I do have a water testing kit..
Well unfortunately I didn't get to see any fresh tracks in the snow because there were soo many people up there, when I first got there I couldn't believe how many cars where there.
So now that I know the area a little better I'll be able to find the waypoint where the 'sighting' was.

Th3Archit3ch Reply 14 December 08, 2009, 01:32:05 PM

So now that I've got better coords and a 'better sense of direction' might be going back out maybe today, but most likely tomorrow. (wed-12-09-09)