Register

News:

Forum has been successfully updated.

Hello

6903 10 normal post

megapod

November 10, 2006, 07:40:19 AM
Jr. Member Posts: 53
Been interested since I was a kid. Never saw, heard or smelled anything that I could attribute to a BF.  I find the possibility of a large, as yet unidentified, biped very intriguing. Does anyone know if there have ever been any sightings in the area of Allaire state park?

Re: Hello

NJBigfoot Reply 1 November 12, 2006, 07:35:06 PM

The NJBFRC database has three sightings from Monmouth county, none in Allaire State Park. I haven't heard of any in that area.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for signing up.

Drew

megapod Reply 2 November 12, 2006, 09:26:14 PM

Thanks for the reply. Very dense woodlands and lots of deer. I hike there often. I will have to familiarize myself with the signs (other than foot prints) that might indicate their presence. I am sure there are sightings that are not reported and that area is relatively close to at least one of sightings reported on the NJBFRC site.

JSisolak Reply 3 November 13, 2006, 06:34:19 AM

I think that the mountain biking incident (report #43) is the closest we have to that location posted to the website.  I think that Allaire just has a bit too much going on (ie a busy area of the shore (pt Pleasant)/steam train rides) to attract a normally timid /elusive creature.

JS

megapod Reply 4 November 13, 2006, 03:18:46 PM

that is the village itself. the southside of the park is dense forest,quite large and rural. The sighting I was referring to was in Jackson NJ and is apparently posted on another site. If you look at an arial of the area on mapquest you will see that there is some fairly large areas of undeveloped forest. Just a curiosity, maybe not a likely spot but since I am there alot I figued I'd keep an eye out. I would really like to look in Bass River area as there have been several sightings there. Here is a legitimate concern. If anyone here were to encounter a BF would you be concerned for your safety if you were in close proximity? Especially if there were young specimens present with parents?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 03:33:09 PM by megapod »

NJBigfoot Reply 5 November 24, 2006, 11:29:36 PM

That's a good question. I've thought about that before... what would I do if I actually encountered a Bigfoot on a hike or something? I just don't know. I'd like to think that I would stay calm and just try and give off the vibe that I mean no harm, but we really don't know anything about these creatures, if they even exist (I'm still not 100% convinced). People who feel that they have some understanding of these creatures are fooling themselves. There's enough anecdotal evidence to speculate, but there is no physical evidence, or observational data to work with.

I asked my father that once when I was younger, "Dad, what would you do if you saw a Bigfoot in the woods?"

He said, "Probably mess my pants and run."

I might do the same. Who knows how we'll react? I mean, these things are apparently pretty huge and formidable right? I know I'd run if I saw a bear, or at least make hasty tracks in the other direction.

Drew
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 02:04:38 PM by DV »

JSisolak Reply 6 November 25, 2006, 06:44:27 AM

A simple answer is this...how do most wild animals react when there young are present and they feel threatened...and ...how would you react if your children were present and someone burst into your home..I'd see what I could see but be backing in plain sight off not trying to hide and watch because that might be mistaken for an ambush attempt. Getting into a tussle with a 7-8 foot tall 500+ pound anything would not be too good of an experience I would imagine.

NJBigfoot Reply 7 November 28, 2006, 02:15:23 PM

I guess if these things are real, and if they're related to primtes, we can expect that they'd react very similar to how an ape would react if they felt threatened.

By the way, if these things would react like a primate, why can't people sidle up to them like scientists and cameramen to when filming a documentary? Primates are studied. How come no one as been able to study a Bigfoot? Let alone see one and take more detailed photographs. Certainly that should be possible.

megapod Reply 8 November 28, 2006, 04:57:17 PM

You are assuming all primates behave in a similar way. I am no primatologist but I would imagine that chimpanzees and mountain gorillas don't not demonstrate identical behaviors. Some birds are more elusive than others and I would imagine the same holds true throughout the animal kingdom.

Mike Aragona Reply 9 November 30, 2006, 10:35:05 AM

Allow me to chime in with my two cents for what it is worth.

I am also no primatologist, but you have to keep in mind that Homo sapiens are also primates. Along with us other thought to be extinct hominids, Australopithecus, Paranthropus, Homo hablis, Homo ergaster, Homo erectus, Neanderthal and and Gigantopithecus where/are all primates.

I say where/are because these species are thought to be extinct because there bones could not be found after a certain time period. However could it be possible that some of these species did not die off, but just changed the way they live to continue to survive beside modern man? Most archeologists have found and are looking for the fossils of these hominids in dry arid open plains. However what if these creatures changed from living on the plains to living in deep forest, places modern man does not usually go or live in? And on occasion we cross paths.

A perfect example of a species thought to be extinct that has only changed there place and way of living is the Coelacanth. Modern science thought this fish was extinct because they could not find fossils of it after a certain time period. However it turned out that modern science was looking in the wrong place and native people were catching and eating this fish off the coast of South Africa.

Anyway back to my point. If we are all primates we certainly all live differently and have different behaviors. A Bigfoot type creature most likely will not attack a person even if they have young present. Remember these creatures are trying to hide from man. Attacking a member of the Homo sapiens clan would be a bad idea. Bigfoot type creatures probably learned that a long time ago.

I think they will resort to disorientation and scare tactics to drive the intruder away. Such was the case with BFRO Report # 15062  http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=15062.

I visited the site with the witness and this witness had a look of fear in his eyes upon leaving the safety of my vehicle, that would have to be seen to believe. This witnesses curiosity out weighed his fear and he visited the site multiple times and once with me. My feeling is that the Sasquatch in that area realized the disorientation and scare tactics did not work, so they moved on to keep themselves hidden from modern man.

Of course I have no proof of this and it is just a theory. Until one of these hominids are caught and studied we can only speculate.

Mike Aragona
BFRO Investigator New Jersey
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:38:21 AM by Mike Aragona »

megapod Reply 10 January 10, 2007, 01:17:03 PM

Been interested since I was a kid. Never saw, heard or smelled anything that I could attribute to a BF.  I find the possibility of a large, as yet unidentified, biped very intriguing. Does anyone know if there have ever been any sightings in the area of Allaire state park?

I just found this on another site.
http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=16308